Data & IP
Year of sale:
”With a pedigree in taking entrepreneurial businesses to the next stage of growth, we knew we chose a strong partner in Horizon to help us meet our ambitious goals.Sebastien RoussotteCEO, Style Analytics
Style Analytics is a SaaS-enabled portfolio analytics business serving the global investment community operating from its headquarters in London and offices in Boston and Montreal.
Founded in 1997, the company provides easy-to-use portfolio and market analysis services as well as research facilities for global institutional investment professionals, including asset owners, managers, advisers and consultants. Style Analytics focuses on equity and bond funds collecting ‘holdings’-based data for 75,000 equities and 1.3 million bond issues across 115 markets and in 29 currencies and provides clear and concise insights that allow investment professionals to understand more deeply how style, structure, risk and performance affect their investment portfolios. Style Analytics currently serves more than 300 blue-chip institutional clients across 25 countries around the world.
With subscription-based recurring revenues, SaaS deployment, exceptional client retention rates and strong cash flow, the business has seen double-digit growth over recent years and is poised to accelerate its expansion with investment support from Horizon.
The investment industry spends c.£16bn on data and analytics globally. Customers are continually looking for better solutions that allow them to build, manage and benchmark their investments better and provide their clients with deeper analysis. The market continues to grow.
Horizon is working with management to deliver an organic and acquisitive growth strategy that includes:
- Improving and professionalising operations
- Enhancing existing products and adding functionality to broaden product range
- Expanding international presence
- Accelerating growth further through strategic buy-and-build
During the initial phase of Horizon’s investment, Style Analytics has:
- Taken control of its distribution channels in APAC and expanded its presence in the region
- Invested in sales and marketing to grow its sales pipeline, particularly in North America
- Launched new Peer Insights functionality, which extends the company’s reputable holdings-based style and risk analysis across a customer’s competitors