Data & IP
Year of sale:
”With their track record of offering the expertise and financial backing for complementary bolt-on acquisitions, we felt that Horizon was the perfect investment partnerRory BrownCo-Founder & CEO
AgriBriefing is a provider of market information, pricing benchmarks, insight and events which help the global agribusiness industry operate more efficiently.
AgriBriefing’s trusted brands meet the compelling need for more transparency and trusted pricing benchmarks in this vital sector, with live price reporting, as well as news, analysis, professional networks and market data.
With a growing world population and an increased sophistication of diets, the market fundamentals for food production remain strong and robust. The industry is driven by a drive for efficiency, with innovation centred upon sustainably improving yields and performance from limited natural resources.
The global food and agribusiness industry is estimated to be worth $5tn annually and yet markets are often opaque and fragmented. There is an increasing need for market insight and data. This is the backdrop against which AgriBriefing operates.
Horizon is working with management to deliver an organic and acquisitive growth strategy that includes:
- Broadening the global reach of the group
- Widening the customer base through new product development
- Enhancing the revenue profile with an increased emphasis on premium information, price benchmarking and data services
- Pursuing a number of focused acquisitions
With our support AgriBriefing has:
- Completed the acquisition of Global Data Systems, which broadened AgriBriefing’s data and analytics capabilities in the meat, biotechnology and animal feed sectors
- Acquired US-based data provider Urner Barry that focuses on poultry, egg, meat, seafood and other protein-related segments of the food industry
- Transformed its revenue base to be >70% recurring and re-occurring and >50% international